Every service that marks a death or the anniversary of a death, remembers the life of a unique person and should be prepared with utmost care and thought, and approached with reverence. We tread on holy ground when we accompany those who are experiencing loss.
This practical and extremely helpful resource book provides guidelines for creating individualised funeral, thanksgiving and memorial services and includes a wide range of prayers, readings and reflections for each stage of the service from the gathering words of welcome to the committal and final blessing, and suggestions for symbolic acts of remembrance.
Resources are also included for creating special services, such as for those facing their first Christmas after a bereavement. All resources may be downloaded from the accompanying CD Rom.
The material includes:
- A practical guide to putting together a funeral/thanksgiving service
- Templates for creating services
- Templates for meeting with a family to discuss the service
- A selection of prayers
- A selection of original Biblical reflections
- A variety of resources for memorial/anniversary services
- Resources for Blue Christmas services (worship resources designed for people suffering with pain, loss, isolation and grief during Advent)
- Resources specific to child bereavement
- A bibliography of readings/poems
'This most practical volume, based on the author's own experience, guides the reader through the process of conducting a funeral service. The various sections deal with the practicalities of arranging a funeral, including forms to assist in constructing a eulogy; resources for each section of the service (prayers, reflections, thanksgivings, words of committal, as well as an outline for a thanksgiving service.' -- Geoff Brammal, The Reader, August 2016
Pioneers of Scottish Christianity
To Nativity and Beyond
Letters to the Corinthians
Letters to the Philippians, Colossians and Thessalonians
Bonnie Prince Charlie
Time for Reflection
People of the Way
Letters to Timothy, Titus and Philemon
Letters to the Galatians and Ephesians
Looking for Mrs. Livingstone
Other products in this Category
Root of All Evil?
Doing Theology and Development
Living and Loving the Mystery
Celebrating Holy Communion
Time for Trumpets
Mission as God's Spiral of Renewal
A New Harmony