Celebrating Life in Death
Resources for funerals, thanksgiving and remembering
This item is in stock and will be dispatched within 48 hours.
More than 50 units in stock.
Every service that marks a death or the anniversary of a death, remembers the life of a unique person and should be prepared with utmost care and thought, and approached with reverence. We tread on holy ground when we accompany those who are experiencing loss.
This practical and extremely helpful resource book provides guidelines for creating individualised funeral, thanksgiving and memorial services and includes a wide range of prayers, readings and reflections for each stage of the service from the gathering words of welcome to the committal and final blessing, and suggestions for symbolic acts of remembrance.
Resources are also included for creating special services, such as for those facing their first Christmas after a bereavement. All resources may be downloaded from the accompanying CD Rom.
The material includes
- a practical guide to putting together a funeral/thanksgiving service
- Templates for creating services
- Templates for meeting with a family to discuss the service
- A Selection of prayers
- A Selection of original Biblical reflections
- A variety of resources for memorial/anniversary services
- Resources for Blue Christmas services (worship resources designed for people suffering with pain, loss, isolation and grief during Advent)
- Resources specific to child bereavement
- A bibliography of readings/poems
Other products in this Category
Time for Trumpets
Celebrating Holy Communion
Salted with Fire
Who Needs Words?
Moving with Christ in Mission
Stale Bread?: A Handbook for Speaking the Story
Caring for God's People
Elder and the Sacraments
Scandal of Grace
Dream and the Grace