You are required to change your password before you can log in to the site, please enter your new password in the fields below:
Tue 9 Apr 2019 @ 10:30
Combining the poetry of Kenneth Steven and the photography of Alastair Jackson, featuring images of #Skye and… https://t.co/YDD67XThOw
Author(s): Paul Nimmo, Church of Scotland
By joining our friends scheme, this item would only cost
£9.00, and you can
benefit from future savings and promotions.
to find out more or add the annual £10
membership to your basket now.
This attractively illustrated, high quality publication aims to encourage readers to think in greater depth and detail about their Christian faith. In an accessible and attractive style, it offers an exploration of seven key areas of Christian belief:
1. Knowing God by Rev Dr Frances Henderson
2. God the Creator by Rev Professor David Fergusson
3. God the Saviour by Professor Paul Nimmo
4. God the Spirit by Rev Sarah Lane Ritchie
5. The Christian Church by Rev Dr Alexander Forsyth
6. The Christian Life by Rev Jan Mathieson
7. The Heavenly Things by Dr Andrew Torrance
Experienced pastors, teachers and theologians relate these areas of belief to the issues and questions which arise in the everyday lives of believers with the aim of encouraging Christians to reflect upon their faith and to grow in confidence as they seek to share it in daily life. Each section includes a short Bible study and prayers.
This an ideal introductory volume to theological thinking and reflection. Learn: Understanding Our Faith has three key emphases:
* the importance of encouraging people to explore the content of their Christian faith* the relevance of understanding Christian faith in terms of Christian discipleship* the relevance of understanding Christian faith in terms of Christian mission
Very useful resource, thank you
A very useful book, well written and well illustrated.