SCM Press eBooks can be purchased from our website for your eReader, smartphone or tablet. The eBooks we sell use the EPUB file format - please read these FAQs before purchase to check your device is compatible.
How to download eBooks to your computer
1. Before downloading your first eBook you will need to download Adobe Digital Editions and set up a free Adobe ID. Authorising your computer with an Adobe ID is important as it will allow you to transfer eBooks between computers and eReaders.
2. After purchasing an eBook from our website your download link will be shown on the checkout receipt page (the link will also be sent to you in an email). Click on this to download the eBook file.
3. Choose to open the file with 'Adobe Digital Editions' (or choose 'eBook Library' if you have a Sony Reader).
4. Adobe Digital Editions will load the license file, download the eBook and add it to your library.
5. You can then transfer the eBook to your eReader, smartphone or tablet. How to transfer an ebook to your eReaderBack to top
How to download eBooks straight to your tablet or smartphone
(Note: the Kindle and iBooks apps are not compatible with EPUB files.)
2. Authorise the app with your Adobe ID. (You can create a new Adobe ID at www.adobe.com - this will be your email address and a password of your choice.)
3. After purchasing an eBook from our website your eBook download link will be shown on the checkout receipt page. Click on this to download the eBook file.
The download link will also be sent to you in an email (in addition to your order confirmation email) and is saved in my-account.
4. Choose to open the downloaded file with Adobe Digital Editions (or alternative eReader app).
4. Adobe Digital Editions will load the license file, download the eBook and add it to your library.Back to top
Why do I need Adobe Digital Editions?
Adobe Digital Editions is a piece of software which will manage your digital library of eBooks on a computer. You can download Adobe Digital Editions for free here.
If you want to transfer eBooks between different computers and devices it is important to authorise each one with the same Adobe ID. Click on 'help' in Adobe Digital Editions to set up an ID and authorise your computer.
Note: You do not need to install Adobe Digital Editions if you have a Sony Reader, as the Sony Library software which came with your device will manage your eBooks.Back to top