Saint Andrew Press eBooks can be purchased from our website for your eReader, smartphone or tablet. The eBooks we sell use the EPUB file format - please read these FAQs before purchase to check your device is compatible.
Solutions to download problems please refer to Ebook troubleshooting guide
- How to download eBooks to your computer
- How to download eBooks straight to your tablet or smartphone
- Why do I need Adobe Digital Editions?
- How do I find my eBook download link?
- Do I have to download my eBook link straightaway?
- What is Digital Rights Management?
- Can I read these eBooks on a smartphone or tablet?
- How many different devices can I download my eBook to?
- Can I read these eBooks on Amazon Kindle?
- Can I print an eBook?
- Can I get a refund for an eBook?
How to download eBooks to your computer
1. Before downloading your first eBook you will need to download Adobe Digital Editions and set up a free Adobe ID. Authorising your computer with an Adobe ID is important as it will allow you to transfer eBooks between computers and eReaders.
2. After purchasing an eBook from our website your download link will be shown on the checkout receipt page (the link will also be sent to you in an email). Click on this to download the eBook file.
3. Choose to open the file with 'Adobe Digital Editions' (or choose 'eBook Library' if you have a Sony Reader).
4. Adobe Digital Editions will load the license file, download the eBook and add it to your library.
5. You can then transfer the eBook to your eReader, smartphone or tablet. How to transfer an ebook to your eReaderBack to top
How to download eBooks straight to your tablet or smartphone
(Note: the Kindle and iBooks apps are not compatible with EPUB files.)
2. Authorise the app with your Adobe ID. (You can create a new Adobe ID at www.adobe.com - this will be your email address and a password of your choice.)
3. After purchasing an eBook from our website your eBook download link will be shown on the checkout receipt page. Click on this to download the eBook file.
The download link will also be sent to you in an email (in addition to your order confirmation email) and is saved in my-account.
4. Choose to open the downloaded file with Adobe Digital Editions (or alternative eReader app).
4. Adobe Digital Editions will load the license file, download the eBook and add it to your library.Back to top
Why do I need Adobe Digital Editions?
Adobe Digital Editions is a piece of software which will manage your digital library of eBooks on a computer. You can download Adobe Digital Editions for free here.
If you want to transfer eBooks between different computers and devices it is important to authorise each one with the same Adobe ID. Click on 'help' in Adobe Digital Editions to set up an ID and authorise your computer.
Note: You do not need to install Adobe Digital Editions if you have a Sony Reader, as the Sony Library software which came with your device will manage your eBooks.Back to top
How do I find my eBook download link?
Your eBook download link can be found:
- On the checkout receipt page, immediately after your order has been placed
- In an email sent from email@example.com (we will send you two emails - one order confirmation and one containing your ebook links)
- In My Account - login with your email address and password
Please note: download links can only used by one user, for a maximum of four times.
Do I have to download my eBook link straightaway?
No - the eBook download link stays active for 2 years.Back to top
What is Digital Rights Management?
All the eBooks on our website are EPUB files secured with DRM (Digital Rights Management). DRM is used to limit the ability to copy eBooks and ties your purchased eBooks to the Adobe ID you are using on the computer you download to.Back to top
Can I read these eBooks on a smartphone or tablet?
Yes - to read eBooks on your iPhone, iPad or Android device you will need to download a free third party app which is compatible with EPUB files. We recommend the free Adobe Digital Editions app. You can download this from either the App Store or Google Play.Back to top
How many different devices can I download my eBook to?
Once you have downloaded your eBook to Adobe Digital Editions you can then transfer it to any of the devices authorised with the same Adobe ID. You can associate up to six different computers or devices with your ID.Back to top
Can I read these eBooks on Amazon Kindle?
No. All the eBooks available on our website are in the EPUB file format which is not compatible with the Kindle.
EPUB files are compatible with a range of eReaders including Kobo, Nook and Sony devices. See a list of all compatible apps and eReaders.
Can I print an eBook?
eBooks are designed to be read on screen and cannot be printed out.Back to top